Camp NetWorx! Primary Objective
The Primary Mission of Camp NetWorx! is to have fun, connect with peers and mitigate isolation through a virtual camp platform.
Camp NetWorx! Overview
Camp NetWorx! was held in October and November of 2020 as an alternative virtual summer camp-like experience for students and youth with disabilities in South Florida. Funded through Citibank, Camp NetWorx! served students and youth with disabilities who experienced social isolation resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Camp NetWorx! was created and produced to:
- Demonstrate the value and impact of peer group connection with mentoring supports on a virtual platform as a mitigation strategy for social isolation and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Engage youth in a camp experience around storytelling, discovery and adventure to develop social engagement and resiliency skills through peer connection and mentoring support.
- Explore individual discovery within a peer community to increase camper’s confidence and experience in connecting with peers.
- Provide the camper an opportunity to explore virtual group etiquette and to gain experience in the use of web-based communications platforms and channels or tools.
Camp NetWorx! was created for the purpose to:
- Engage youth in a summer camp around storytelling, discovery and adventure.
- Mitigate social isolation for youth with disabilities through an inclusive virtual experience during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Boost camper’s confidence and skills networking with peers via a peer mentor supported camp series.
- Increase camper’s awareness of their intrinsic value and leveraging strategies to achieve their goals.
- Demonstrate the value and impact of group and individualized mentoring in virtual platforms as a transition support.
- Primarily, the purpose of Camp NetWorx! was to have FUN! through Discovery, Adventure and Storytelling.