Camp Funding and Production Partners
Camp NetWorx! was funded by Citibank for the purpose of mitigating social isolation for individuals with disabilities during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The Project Design and Program Construct is a product of the collaborative contributions of PolicyWorks in collaboration with the Lights! Camera! Access! (LCA), a national professional development career readiness program through PolicyWorks’ Peer MentoringWorks Community of Practice.
The collaborative Camp NetWorx! program design team included:
Camp NetWorx! 2020 Community Employment Services Provider Host
Camp NetWorx! 2020 was hosted by Work Opportunities Unlimited, a Florida Division of Youth Peer Mentoring Service Provider for students and youth with disabilities.
Work Opportunities Unlimited Director *Youth Peer Mentoring program “employment specialist” peer mentoring coordinator staff guided Peer Mentors staff to serve cabin mentors and workshop leaders. trained and certified through the
*Peer MentoringWorks LearnCTR training and certified
Camp NetWorx! Program Content and Event Producers:
Camp NetWorx! Campers: Camp NetWorx! was available to youth and students with disabilities (14-24) referred by VR Counselors for FL DVR Youth Peer Mentoring Program who are clients of WOU West Palm Beach, FL. The camp was offered to youth and students with disabilities at no cost. The WOU Peer Mentors recruited and facilitated client recruitment, application, registration, and collection of impact and evaluation data and served as camp coordinators and cabin leaders through the financial support of the grant.
Special Guest Contributors:
Week 1 – Storytelling and You Are Your Verbs – Special Guest: Maysoon Zayid
Week 2 – Discovery and Disability Expression – Special Guest: Zachery Gottsagen
Week 3 – Strategic Networking with a Purpose and Strategy –
Campfire Finale – Special Guest: Horace Brown – Senior Program Administrator of the Youth Peer Mentoring program for FLDVR.
Camp Networx! 2020 Credits:
Camp Host: Work Opportunities Unlimited (WOU), West Palm Beach, FL
- Sue Abel, WOU Director and Camp NetWorx! Host
Camp Director: Peer MentoringWorks Community of Practice Host
- Steven Allen, PolicyWorks President and Camp NetWorks! Director Camp NetWorx! Coaches – FL DVR Certified Peer MentoringWorks (PMW) Peer Mentoring Coordinators:
- Jenni Paine – Peer Mentoring Coordinator
- Jack Graves – Peer Mentoring Coordinator
- Andy Caverly – Peer Mentoring Coordinator
Camp NetWorx! Cabin Mentors: FL DVR Certified WOU PMW Peer Mentors:
- Gabriel ‘Gabby’ Quercia – Cabin 1: “Tropical Blazing Flamingos”- Wynetta ‘Wyn’ Kumar – Cabin 2: “Purple Phoenix Dreamers” – Alexia Betances – Cabin 3: “Animals of the Arts” –
Camp NetWorx! Collaborative Program Design Team:
- Tari Hartman-Squire / Jd Michaels (Week 1) – Story Telling and You Are Your Verbs
- Steven Allen (Week 2) – Discovering Identity and Self-Expression
- Derek Shields (Week 3) – Strategic Networking: Employing your multi-faceted identity to build your connections to achieve your goals and aspirations.
- Daman Wandke and Kyann Flint – Technical Assistance Team
Source: Peer Mentoring Works